Trading platforms via LYNX typically show 15-minute delayed quotes by default, if allowed by the exchange. Access both free and paid real-time data packages in your Client Portal’s Market Data Subscriptions section.
- Minimum equity of 200 USD (or an equivalent value in another currency) is needed to subscribe to real-time market data.
- Regardless of your data package, your orders will always be transmitted and executed in real-time.
Subscribe to market data
In the menu at the top right corner, select Welcome and then Settings.
In the Settings, navigate to Market Data Subscriptions to view your current data packages.
To add new ones, click the ⚙️ icon in the Subscriptions section. This will present an overview of the different trading regions and available market data packages. Select your desired region and then choose the packages you wish to subscribe to by ticking the corresponding checkboxes.
Once selected, click Continue to review your choices. Confirm your subscriptions by clicking OK.
Real-time data will be immediately available across all platforms.
Special note for market data subscribers:
- To view real-time quotes in the Trader Workstation, reset your connection (Ctrl + Alt + F on Windows, Control + Option + F on Mac) or restart the platform.
- Fees apply immediately upon subscription and then at each month’s start. All fees will be converted at the current exchange rate on the settlement date and deducted in the base currency.
- You’re billed for the full month, regardless of the subscription date.
- Without a login for 60 days, all subscriptions auto-cancel at the month’s end.
Unsubscribe from market data
In the Settings, navigate to Market Data Subscriptions to view your current subscriptions.
To cancel packages, click the ⚙️ icon in the Subscriptions section. This will present an overview of the different trading regions and available market data packages. Select your desired region and then choose the packages you wish to unsubscribe to by unchecking the corresponding checkboxes.
Once unchecked, click Continue to review your choices. Review and finalize by selecting OK.
Real-time market data will remain active on all platforms for the remaining subscription period.
- Log into Trader Workstation and open a watchlist with the desired security.
- Right-click the security and choose Manage Market Data.
- This action opens the Market Data Subscriptions in your browser, showing available data packages for your selected security.
- Select the required data by checking the boxes and click Continue.
- Review your choices and confirm by selecting OK.
This activates real-time data on all platforms.
Note: If facing issues in the Trader Workstation, reset the connection (Ctrl + Alt + F on Windows, Control + Option + F on Mac) or restart the platform.
Check the most frequently used market data by customers. Prices here are for non-professional users viewing Level 1 data.
To receive real-time quotes for US options, you can subscribe to OPRA market data: OPRA (US Options Exchanges).
This package provides options quotes from AMEX, ARCA, BATS, BOX, BSE, CBOE2, CBOE, ISE NASDAQ, and PHLX.
The transmission and execution of your orders always occur in real-time. Real-time quotes are not a requirement for trading through LYNX. Securities that are displayed with delayed or no quotes can still be traded. However, please note that delayed quotes may differ from real-time quotes when choosing the order type.
Real-time market data packages may be automatically disabled for the following reasons:
- Your account does not meet the minimum equity value of 200 USD (or an equivalent value in another currency).
- If you do not log in to your account for 60 days, all subscribed market data packages will be automatically canceled at the end of the month.
- You have a pending verification request regarding your financial information from the annual review. You can address this pending request in the Client Portal.
- The Non-Professional Market Data Subscriber Questionnaire is no longer valid. To update it, please follow these steps:
- Log in to the Client Portal.
- In the menu at the top right corner, select Welcome, and then Settings.
- In the Settings-page, navigate to Market Data Subscriptions.
- Click the ⚙️ icon in the Market Data Subscriber Status section.
- Select Non-Professional under Current Market Data Subscriber Status and click Continue to apply the changes.
Once you have updated your questionnaire, you will need to re-subscribe to the market data package you wish to receive. If you have any questions about receiving real-time market data, please contact your local service team.
Fees for paid market data packages are billed monthly. The billing is processed on the third business day of the following month.
You can find the billing details in your account statements under the section Fees: Create account statement.
By default, if you don’t subscribe to real-time data, you’ll receive delayed quotes at no cost, provided the respective exchange supports this. These quotes typically have a delay of 15 minutes, though it can range between 10 to 20 minutes depending on the exchange. While most real-time data packages come with a fee, certain packages are available for free or at a discounted rate.
To enable real-time market data for your demo account:
- Ensure you have an active subscription for real-time quotes on your live account.
- Activate the real-time data package you prefer.
Next, follow these steps to share it with your demo account:
- Log into the Client Portal with your live account.
- In the top right corner, click Welcome, and then select Settings.
- In the Account Configuration section, choose Paper Trading Account.
- Toggle the option to Yes for Share real-time market data subscriptions with paper trading account?
- Click Save to apply the changes.