On the subsequent page, you’ll discover comprehensive instructions detailing the precise procedure for requesting a securities transfer from another broker to LYNX.
Information about broker
In the menu at the top, select Transfer & Pay and click on Transfer Positions.
In the next step, select Incoming transfer.
Select the location where your broker is located. If it is from the USA or Canada, select United States or Canada, otherwise select All Other Regions. Choose transfer method and press the Select button.
Fill in the following information:
- Financial Institution – select the broker you are making the transfer from.
- Your Account Number at Broker – enter your account number at the financial institution from which you wish to transfer positions.
- Name of Account Holder at Financial Institution – your name must appear here.
- Account Type – select the type of account you have at a given financial institution.
- Country of Financial Institution – choose the country of your financial institution.
- Contact email of your Financial Institution – the contact email used by the other broker for the transfer cases.
- Save Broker Information – If you would like to make other incoming transfers from that financial institution in the future, you can save that financial institution’s information so you don’t have to fill it out again next time.
At the bottom of the page, the system will ask you to complete the information regarding the positions you want to transfer. To add the assets you want to transfer, click on Add Asset.
A new window will appear in which you need to find the asset you want to transfer.
Stocks can be searched by symbol, ISIN, CUSIP or company name.
After adding the asset you want to transfer, you still need to select whether you have a short or long position and you also need to enter the number of shares/contracts.
Then confirm by clicking Save and Finish.
In the last step you will be asked for verification. Type your first and last name in the empty field and confirm by pressing the Continue button.
On the next page you will see a confirmation that you have completed your incoming transfer request.
Click on View Form to display the Letter of Authorisation form.
Sign and send the document to your current institution.
Transfer processing times can vary widely from a few business days to several weeks, depending on the complexity of the transfer and coordination with your financial institution.
You can transfer e.g. stocks, ETFs and bonds.
LYNX and its partner, Interactive Brokers, must always comply with laws and regulations. Therefore, even during this process, we check that the transfer meets legal requirements and compliance standards. In this context, we check certain conditions:
- The name of the investment account of origin matches the name of the investment account of the destination.
- Structured products, Mutual funds and US Over-The-Counter (OTC) stocks, such as penny stocks, pink sheet stocks or US micro caps will not be transferred.
- Ownership must remain intact. Cannot be transferred from person A to person B. So-called transfer to a third party is not allowed.
If you are in any doubt as to whether a transfer complies with this policy, please contact your local customer service team.
The processing time for transfers is approx. 3 weeks. In individual cases, the processing time may be longer; we will inform you of this separately. Please clarify with the transferring provider whether trading of the financial instruments is possible in the meantime.
From our side, the transfer of securities is usually free of charge. In the case of Asian/Australian transfers or specific transfer methods (e.g. DRS transfers), fees may apply.
Please note that the your current broker may charge fees for transfers. LYNX does not cover these costs.
FOP means Free Of Payment and is a globally supported method for securities transfers. For transfers from or to American brokers, please use ACATS, DRS or FOP (USA).
LYNX is not connected to the taxbox procedure due to the custody account management abroad. Your purchase rates will therefore not be transmitted. Your loss offset balances cannot be transferred either.
After the completed securities account transfer, you can enter your purchase prices.
Navigate to the Account Management, go to Performance & Reports and select Tax Documents.
Once there, under Cost Basis, select Position Transfer and choose the Transfer Date. Here you can adjust the details of the transfer:
- Enter the number of shares or contracts in the Quantity field.
- Enter the acquisition date of the position at the Acquisition Date field.
- Enter the total cost basis for the entire position at the Total Cost field.
Click Continue to save the data.