As a LYNX client, you have the option to open a paper trading account aside from your live account. This allows you to test new strategies before implementing them on your live account.
Select Paper Trading Account
In the menu at the top right corner, select Welcome and then Settings.
In the Account Configuration section, select Paper Trading Account.
On the next page, fill your new username and password. Your new password needs to be confirmed. Once you completed the form, please click Continue. Your request will be submitted in one business day.
Optional: Share your Market Data Subscriptions
To enable real-time market data for your demo account:
- Ensure you have an active subscription for real-time quotes on your live account.
- Activate the real-time data package you prefer.
Next, follow these steps to share it with your demo account:
- Log into the Client Portal with your live account.
- In the top right corner, click Welcome, and then select Settings.
- In the Account Configuration section, choose Paper Trading Account.
- Toggle the option to Yes for Share real-time market data subscriptions with paper trading account?
- Click Save to apply the changes.
Unfortunately it is not possible to use your paper trading account in LYNX+. TWS and the LYNX Trading App are the only platforms where you can use your paper trading account.
Unfortunately it is not possible to open a paper trading account without having an account via LYNX.
- Login to the Client Portal using the login credentials for your paper trading account.
- In the menu at the top right corner, select Welcome and then Account Settings.
- Click on the ⚙️ icon on the next page next to Paper Trading Account Reset.
- Select the reset amount and click Continue to finish process.