Display charts, save templates, add a wide range of indicators and trade directly from the charts.
In this section, we will guide you through the process of opening TradingView charts within the LYNX+ trading platform and effectively utilizing their features:
- Find the search bar in the top right corner.
- Search for your chosen financial instrument.
- Once selected, you’ll see an overview with an interactive chart from TradingView.
- For a closer look, click the arrow in the chart’s top right corner to open a larger chart window.
Tools & Settings
Charts can be displayed in different timeframes and modified as needed. The following features are available for these purposes:
- Chart type: You can choose between candlesticks, bars, line charts, and various other types of graphics.
- Display size: Modify the size of candles or bars according to your preference.
- Time period: Select the desired time period you wish to view.
- Indicators: Add various indicators to charts.
- Snapshots: Save customized chart views as snapshots.
- Additional features: You can add trend lines, use brushes, and even add text and various icons to the chart.
With the assistance of TradingView tools, you can create a unique setup tailored to your requirements. Adjust colors, configure orders, and more.
Choose from over 80 indicators, including RSI, MACD, Moving Average, Stochastic, Elder Force Index, Bollinger Bands, and Average True Range (ATR).
You can save your favorite settings by using the star icon. Simply click on it, and the settings will be saved and automatically applied to all subsequent charts.
Furthermore, charts can also be saved as templates:
- Open any chart.
- Add your preferred indicators and adjust the settings.
- Click the Save button located in the upper right corner.
- Name the chart template and confirm by clicking Save.
- Your template is now saved and ready for use.
To use saved chart templates, follow these steps:
- Open any chart.
- Click the drop-down menu arrow in the upper right corner and select Load Layout.
- Select the desired chart template.
TradingView charts allow you to trade directly from the chart. Open any chart and feel free to add saved templates.
Once you have decided on a trade, choose from the following options:
- Click on the plus (+) on the right edge of the cursor line in the chart. This will open an order ticket for a buy order with a limit equal to the position you have clicked.
- Right-click in the chart at the position you want to initiate a trade. Then click Trade and specify whether you want to make a buy or sell. An order ticket will open for your selection.
- Select the Buy or Sell button in the upper left corner to promptly open an order ticket for buying or selling according to the current price.
Within this tab, you will discover an in-depth technical evaluation and statistics for the chosen product. This encompasses a comprehensive overview of frequently utilized technical indicators, charts featuring prominently labelled support and resistance levels, trend lines, and an array of other valuable data.
Explore the process of effortlessly opening or loading a TWS chart, accessing its configuration menus, and discovering a multitude of additional functionalities.
- Begin by finding the financial instrument you want to explore.
- Right-click on the instrument’s ticker symbol in your watchlist or in the Portfolio tab.
- In the quick menu that appears, click on the chart icon to open the Chart Parameters window.
Customize your chart using these parameters:
- Financial Instrument Description: This section displays the selected financial instrument with its associated exchange.
- Chart Parameters: Here, you can choose the time period, what to display (trades, midpoint, bid/ask price), and the bar type (candlesticks, high/low bars).
- Additional Data and Features: You can also select additional options, such as displaying the midpoint, volume, volatility, etc.
- Highlight on chart: Here you can configure how to display corporate actions, dividends, news and order descriptions on the chart.
- Highlight on Y-axis: You can select information to be displayed on the vertical price axis.
- Chart Time Options: In this section, you can configure settings such as automatic chart updates to keep your chart up-to-date and the display of chart data outside of regular trading hours.
Click OK at the bottom of the Chart Parameters window to open the chart.
- To enhance your chart for technical analysis, access the configuration menu above the chart and click Edit.
- From the dropdown menu, choose Studies.
- On the left side of the newly opened window, you’ll find a list of available technical indicators. You can also use the search box to find specific ones.
Add an indicator to your chart:
- Double-click its name.
- Or, select it with a single click and click Add.
- Confirm your selection by clicking Apply at the bottom of the window.
- Your chosen indicator(s) is now added to your chart.
Adding Drawing Tools
To add elements like trendlines, vertical and horizontal lines, or Fibonacci retracement to your charts:
- Click Edit in the configuration menu.
- In the Annotations section, choose the element you want to add to the chart.
To keep your chart with its latest settings for the next time you log in, just leave the chart window open before logging out. If you want to use these customizations for other charts, follow the steps below to save it as a template:
- Click File in the configuration menu.
- Choose Save Chart Template As. A window will appear.
- Pick where you want to save it in the Save In field.
- Name your template in the File Name field.
- Click Save.
To quickly use your saved templates:
- Go to the configuration menu and click File.
- Select Open Chart Template.
- Click Load next to your chosen template.
If you want this template as your default, tick the Set as Default checkbox.
To trade directly from your chart and enhance your trading experience:
- Click View in the configuration menu.
- Check Buttons Panel to add trading buttons to your chart.
If you want to display active orders or executed trades below the chart, you need to check the ChartTrader field.
Detailed instructions on how to configure ChartTrader can be found here.
LYNX Trading Mobile App
Discover the charts in the LYNX Trading mobile app and explore their customization possibilities.
You can access a thumbnail chart by clicking on the name of the financial instrument on the Watchlists, Portfolio, or Scanner pages.
- Tap on the thumbnail chart for the selected financial instrument. This action will take you to an overview page.
- On this overview page, you can view the complete chart in either portrait or landscape mode by tapping on the chart once more.
For landscape mode, simply rotate your device sideways.
To include technical indicators on your chart, follow these steps:
- Tap the Add Indicator button located in the chart menu above your chart.
- You will see a list of individual indicators.
- If you have a specific indicator in mind, you can use the search box to find it by typing its name.
- To add an indicator to your chart, simply tap on it.
Adding Drawing Tools
To access drawing tools like trendlines, brushes, and Fibonacci retracement:
- Tap the drop-down button (right-arrow) on the left side of the chart.
- Choose a drawing tool by tapping it from the menu.
Now, you can use the selected drawing tool within the chart.
To save chart templates:
- In the chart menu, tap the icon with four small squares.
- Tap Save Indicator Template, name your template, and tap Save to save it.
To load saved templates:
- Again, tap the icon with four small squares.
- Under My Templates, select the desired template by tapping its name.
- In the chart window, click on File in the configuration menu.
- Choose Add Chart to the Window to open the chart parameters window.
- In the Financial Instrument Description section at the top, enter the company name, ticker symbol, or ISIN in the Underlying field and press Enter.
- Then, select your desired title from the product list, configure the chart parameters, and click OK to add another chart with your chosen title to the window.
- In the chart window, click on File in the configuration menu.
- Select Create New Tab.
- Enter the company name, ticker symbol, or ISIN in the top-left box and confirm by pressing Enter.
- Then, select your desired title from the product list.
To add more tabs to the chart window, simply click the Plus (+) tab above the chart.
Although it is not necessary to subscribe to real-time market data, we recommend to request it. Therewith you are enabled to access real time charts and quotes to improve your trading experience.
Learn how to request real-time market data.
To change chart colors, you need to navigate to the Global Configuration window. There are two ways to do this:
- In the chart window, click on the settings gear icon in the top right. Select Settings to open the Global Configuration window. Within the Global Configuration window, choose Chart Colors from the list of chart-related options. Adjust the chart colors as desired and confirm by clicking Apply.
- Alternatively, select Edit from the main TWS menu, then choose Global Configuration. Expand the Charts item and select Chart Colors. Edit the chart colors and confirm with the Apply button.
The SMART charting examines and compares market data from various trading venues for a contract and presents the most advantageous quotes.
To make use of the SMART charts for your trading approach, it is essential to activate real-time market data subscriptions for all exchanges where your financial instruments are being traded.
By utilizing a Directed Chart, one can visually represent market data sourced from a specific Exchange. The primary marketplace for a product usually offers the highest liquidity and trading volume, resulting in the most favorable quotes. If you subscribe to the market data for that specific venue, the resulting Directed Chart will be fully populated with up-to-date information and will refresh automatically.
- Type the contract symbol in a watchlist and press Enter on your keyboard.
- If the item Stock (Directed) is not visible in the contract selection menu, click the small down arrow at the bottom to reveal hidden menu items, and then select it.
- The Exchange selection screen will appear. Choose either the main Exchange for the product or the Exchange for which you have an active live market data subscription. After making your selection, click OK.
- A new Directed Ticker line will appear in your watchlist. It will display the contract symbol followed by the Exchange you chose, preceded by the @ sign. Now right click on this directed ticker line and choose Chart > New Chart.
- After submitting all the settings, you can load the chart. On the left side of the toolbar, after the contract symbol, you will see the Exchange you selected with the @ sign. This sign indicates that this is a Directed Chart.