Restore TWS settings
If your Trader Workstation settings are lost or not loaded correctly, you can restore settings within TWS from the last five business days by following the steps provided below.
Accessing Layout Settings
Locate the top corner of the TWS platform and click on the File tab. From the drop-down menu, select Layout Settings.
Choosing Layout/Settings Recovery
In the next step, select the Layout/Settings Recovery option.
Selecting the Restoration Date
A pop-up window will appear with multiple predefined dates. Choose the date corresponding to the time you wish to restore your platform. Confirm your selection by clicking the OK button.
In the subsequent popup window, click on the Open without reporting problem button. Your selected settings will now be loaded, restoring your trading platform.
In the top-left corner of the TWS platform, click on the File tab. From the drop-down menu, select Layout Settings.
Choose Save Settings to save your current settings. If you want to modify the file name or save it to a different folder, select Save Settings As.
- When you launch the TWS platform, a login window will appear.
- At the bottom of the window, click on More Options.
- By selecting the Use/store settings on server checkbox, your TWS settings will be automatically stored on the server.
The layout settings files of Trader Workstation (TWS) contain sensitive information, which is now protected through encryption. As a result, transferring your TWS settings from one user to another is only possible if you possess a decrypted settings file obtained from the primary user.
Please follow these steps to transfer your TWS settings from one user to another:
- Log in to TWS using the user account whose settings you want to export.
- Go to the top menu and click on File, then select Layout Settings and choose Save Decrypted Settings As…
- A warning pop-up will appear. Click Yes to proceed.
- From the Look In drop-down menu, choose the folder (e.g., Downloads) where you want to save the decrypted settings file.
- Provide a name of your preference for the file (e.g., migrate) and click Save. A pop-up message will briefly appear to confirm that the file has been saved.
- Restart TWS and log in using the user account that should import the layout settings.
- Click on File in the top-left corner, then select Layout Settings followed by Layout/Settings Recovery.
- Choose the Custom option and click OK.
- Use the Look In drop-down menu to locate the folder where you saved the decrypted settings file in step 5. Select the file and click Open.
- Click Open without reporting problem
- TWS will automatically restart, loading the imported layout settings.