The LYNX Key two-factor authentication in our LYNX Trading App provides you with a quick and secure login to your platforms, like LYNX+ and Client Portal.
Download the LYNX Trading App
Activate LYNX Key
After installing the LYNX Trading App, open the application and select I Have an Account. Then, click Register Two-Factor and Continue.
Enter your username and password, and click Continue. You will receive an SMS with an activation code. Enter this code in the app and click Send.
Finally, confirm the activation using your Touch ID or Face ID. LYNX Key is fully activated when you see the message “Activation succeeded.”
When activating LYNX Key on an Android device, you need to set a PIN that is used to authenticate yourself within the app (or use fingerprint/facial recognition). You can view PIN specifications by tapping the “+” symbol next to PIN specifications.
How does it work?
Log in using your username and password in LYNX+, the Client Portal or the trading platform.
After clicking on Login, a notification message will be sent to your smartphone.
Tap on the message on your smartphone to launch the LYNX Trading app. You will then see “Approve Sign-In?” pop-up on your screen. Click Approve to confirm, and complete the login using either your Touch ID, Face ID, or the PIN you have manually set.
The login is completed, and you are now logged into the platform.
If you didn’t receive a notification message on your smartphone, you can perform a manual login by using Challenge Code. Detailed instructions for this can be found in the FAQ section at the bottom of this page under the title: How to proceed if I didn’t receive a notification?
Alternative: Two-factor authentication via SMS
The authentication method via SMS can only be activated if LYNX Key has not been activated before.
Log into your Account Management with your LYNX login details. In the dialogue box that appears, click Verify next to your mobile number. You will then receive an activation SMS on your mobile number, which you enter in the field provided. This will activate the SMS method.
If the SMS method is activated and you log into Account Management or one of our trading platforms, you will be asked to enter a security code after entering your access details.
This will be sent to you by SMS. Check incoming messages on your mobile phone. Once received, enter the five-digit security code in the field in the login window and then confirm by clicking Login.
Depending on the mobile operator and the network load, SMS codes might not be received.
We always recommend to activate and use LYNX Key.
If you do not receive the notification on your smartphone, follow these steps:
- From the login screen, click on “Login with a Challenge Code” or “Click here if you did not receive the notification.“
- A Challenge Code will appear on the login screen. Enter this code in the LYNX Key Authenticate section to generate a Response String for login.
- Open the LYNX Trading App and select LYNX Key Authentication.
- Enter your previously set PIN if you are an Android user.
- Input the Challenge Code from the login screen into the application. Then, click Generate Response. You will receive an eight-digit Response String on your smartphone.
- Copy this Response String into the corresponding login screen and click Login to confirm.
Should you wish to reset the LYNX Key, you can simply uninstall and reinstall the application from your phone. You can then follow these steps again.
Note: If you are asked to restore old settings, it is best to choose “No” here. You may then need to contact the Service Desk to reset your Key via a temporary code.
If you have multiple securities accounts and/or multiple login credentials, it is possible to activate two-step verification on the same device:
- Open the LYNX Trading App and click on LYNX Key Authentication.
- Click on “Add User” at the bottom of the screen.
- Enter your username and password and then click Continue.
- You will receive an SMS with an activation code. Enter this code in the app and click Send.
- Confirm the activation with your TouchID or FaceID, or if you have an Android with a PIN. After this, the LYNX Key is fully activated for your additional user.
If you wish to change your current PIN code, please follow these steps:
- Open LYNX Trading App and click on LYNX Key Authentication.
- Select Change PIN.
- Enter your username and password.
- Enter your current PIN, and then enter your new PIN twice. You can view the guidelines by clicking on +PIN Guidelines at the bottom of the screen.
- When you are ready, click Submit.
- Your PIN has been successfully changed when you see the message “Your PIN was successfully changed.” Close the window by clicking Done.
Forgot your PIN?
If you have forgotten your PIN code, please refer to this FAQ section titled “How do I reset my LYNX Key?“. Make sure to select “No” when the app asks if you want to restore your settings. You may need to contact our customer service team to authenticate you and assist you in reactivating LYNX Key by sending you a temporary security code.